Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hell to Pay

helltopay

Hell to Pay

Book Description:

Marlow Heatherton, degenerate gambler, is in deep to the Russian mafia. When he skips town, it sets off a chain of events that will cause chaos and bloodshed from Westchester County to Brighton Beach, from Asbury Park to Bushwick, from Atlantic City to a rest stop on the New Jersey turnpike.

Along the way, police, bounty hunters, and criminals of all stripes will be pulled into the vortex.

Who will come out on top? Who will walk away from the carnage at all?

Excerpt from Chapter One:    (Kindle Locations 5-19).

“I remember my ex-wife asked me about it one time,” Marlow said. “You know, the reason why I do it? I’d never really thought about it before, and I had a hard time explaining it. I think what most people believe is like you get a kind of adrenaline rush when you win, and you do. But there’s more to it than that. It’s like… if what you predict is going to happen, happens the way you thought it would, you feel… justified. You know what I mean?”

“Sure,” Janet said. “I think so.”

“I mean, a guy like me, I never been to college, right, well, okay, about six months at some rinky-dink place you never heard of, but if you’re able to make a living gambling, you feel pretty smart. It’s like, you study the matchups, and you see the way teams are trending, and you take into account all the factors, and you make an educated guess, the best you can. And if you’re right more times than you’re wrong, and especially if you’re able to support yourself and your family through it, it really gives you a sense of pride. You know?”

“Yeah.” “The money you can make off it in a week, what other job you know of you can make the green that easy, doctor, I guess, lawyer? You see me being a doctor, huh?” They both had a good laugh about that one. No, Janet sure as hell couldn’t see him being a doctor, but he was laughing too, so it was okay. “But Cecelia, she never understood the business aspect of it like I did. She’d look at it like it was all fun and games.”

Hell to Pay on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment