Thursday, February 6, 2014

27 Ways to Reinvent Yourself in the Workplace...

_REBOOTYOURCAREERCOVER

How do you know when you want to buy a book? Allow me to share my journey with Reboot Your Career. While watching the book trailer, I noticed an endorsement from one of my favourite authors - Brian Tracy,  author of Maximum Achievement.
This great book shows you a step-by-step program to make yourself more valuable, get paid more and promoted faster than any other job.
I heard a "ding" go off in my head. Strike One! Then my instincts told me to click on the video to take me to Peter Fogel's YouTube Channel.  I discovered he is a comedian and actor having been in or worked on such shows as  HBO’s Comedy Central, Caroline's Comedy Hour,  Comic Strip Live, and Married With ChildrenStrike Two!


Next, I decided I wanted to peek inside the book so I went to Amazon. I found out that I do indeed want to be a Superstar (and that is what my avatar says on my computer so it must be true) Also, this book is for bosses and I may need some other Superstars working for me soon.

Excerpt ~ Chapter One:Your Happiness is Your Job


"I am not the boss of my house, I don't know when I lost it. I don't know if I ever had it. But I have seen the boss's job and I do not want it." ~ Bill Cosby

Tell me if this is happening to you. You've been working in your job for a few years now. Like any relationship, in the beginning it was great. Your work was challenging and exciting.

You liked the people you worked with. Life was good. You felt fulfilled! (A la a preacher)

"Can you give me a hallelujah?"

Then, as I mentioned earlier, you started feeling like something was missing. Your job became mind-numbingly boring, and your coworkers constantly got on your nerves.

You started thinking to yourself, "I don't want to be a widget remover (or insert the name of your job description) for the rest of my life."

Perhaps you even started to wonder if you made the right decision by coming to this company.

You know what? That's okay. You see, our situations change, and the reasons we wanted something might not be as strong in hindsight as they were in the beginning. 

Thankfully, there's something you can do about it.

Now, what I'm about to say just may get under your skin a little bit. I'm sorry, but it's necessary if we are to move forward.

It may sound crazy, but it's true. If our work helps define us - then happiness is your job. What an epiphany, huh? We can now release the balloons and fireworks!

*****

Strike Three! Now you may be thinking I lost the game because the author won me over. Quite the contrary. It is a win-win. I hopped on back over to rebootyourcareernow.com because I could get $200.00 worth of bonuses and an autographed copy. 

Note: There is an additional $4.00 shipping charge to Canada. $8.00 for International Orders.

Meet The Author!

reinventyourselfnow.com
He was  one of America’s funniest comedians that you’ve never heard of… but have seen countless times on television. From comedy clubs, to cruise ships and Las Vegas theaters, he’s opened for such stars as Rita Rudner, Jimmy “J.J” Walker and Robert Wuhl (HBO’s Arliss).

No comments:

Post a Comment