Friday, June 20, 2014

One Way to Grace

 

One Way to Grace

Good for the Soul reading Reflect & Renew ~ Review by AmaZonAhoLic

Loved the journey this book took me on. I shared in the raw emotions and painful depictions with each page, A true Blessing on paperback !

Book Description:

Without judgment, condemnation, or shame,
David Daly bares his truth in the hopes of inspiring
faith in the hearts of the lost and unbelieving.
This memoir
covers the span of David’s life experiences, starting with his
birth and childhood spent in the tumultuous civil unrest of
Northern Ireland and culminating with his transformation into
a devout believer.

Addiction and inner struggle haunt David throughout his
life.
After losing everything, David repents and turns to Jesus
for deliverance and to God’s Holy Word for guidance through
the Holy Spirit. An eye-opening visit to Israel becomes a turning
point in David’s life when he is baptized and born again.
On going challenges test David’s faith. He discovers how
to stand strong with his faith in Jesus that saved his life.
God is
present throughout David’s struggle toward salvation. His testimony
demonstrates the loving, healing power of an honest
walk with Christ.

Excerpt from Chapter One ~ (Kindle Locations 131-142)

As the realization of my close proximity to the Savior’s ancient footprints began to overpower my composure, I felt a warm tingling sensation at the crown of my head. Unexpected and inexplicable, the feeling of pins and needles on my head became more intense. I closed my eyes and began to pray.

My prayers were those of thanks, gratitude, and reverence. I thanked God for leading me to this place , to where his Son had walked on water. As I prayed, the sounds of the boat, of the passengers’ jubilation, the water , and the wind melted away, leaving me in a warm silence, alone with the tingling that was now so clearly the hand of God upon my head. For what seemed like eons, I stood on that boat with eyes closed, never wanting to open them and remove myself from this pure, unadulterated feeling of God’s presence. I continued to pray for those I loved, for those who had hurt me, for all God’s children, and all our souls . It was my only desire then to remain in that state for all time with my joy, my prayers, and my God’s hand reaching down to touch me.

It was then that I learned what true beauty could be.

One Way to Grace.com

Follow David on Twitter & Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment