Monday, December 29, 2014

Lost and Found in Sea Isle City

Lost_and_Found_Better

UK USA CDN AU

Confessions ~ Review by Brianna

I simply loved this book. It felt like knocking on someone's soul and being invited for a full ride down to memory lane. Jane is talking about her life at a crossroad. After losing her husband, her love - she sees herself forced to continue living in the big unknown that life is. The novel is written as a personal confession of feelings, happenings, places and people. Reading it felt like an emotional road, like driving the car along deserted and crowded places while listening to some great emotional music. Probably a book more for female readers, but a really good one that makes you think about life.

Lost and Found in Sea Isle City is a book that really makes you think about life and how sometimes you just need to start living it! Jane Harper's life has been crushed by tragedy and she is truly discovering the excitement of hope. This story will cause you to wonder about various choices you have and haven't made. It's a story that will make you want to take action! ~ Jeanine McGee

Excerpt from Chapter 1 - With the Blink of an Eye

(Kindle Locations 42-55)

With the blink of an eye, it was over. All the memories we had together, both good and bad, were over. All of our hopes and dreams were crushed. It wasn’t supposed to end this way. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. We were not finished our list: our to-do list for life; our life-long list to accomplish together as a family. Even though it was only the two of us, we were still a family. Jimmy and I were soul mates. I never understood why he was taken from me at such an early age.

I still can’t believe I said my final goodbyes to my husband, my soul mate, my best friend. We were married for five years and dated for 3 years prior to that; however, those years were the best years of my life. Sure we had our fights like everyone else , but Jimmy was that special person always by my side.

The funeral was a blur. I just recall the music playing faintly in the background and relatives kept coming up to me and asking, “Jane, are you ok?” I kept wondering how people could ask me that question: are you ok? No, I thought to myself each and every time a friend or relative would reach out to me for a hug . Instead I replied, “I am trying.” I am not sure what that even meant… I was trying, but it was hard. It was still hard… sometimes even to this day.

It had been two years since Jimmy’s funeral and I still couldn’t seem to accept it, nor was I ready. But is anyone ready for death? I can recall the night in the hospital. It all happened so fast.

Lost and Found in Sea Isle City

UK USA CDN AU

No comments:

Post a Comment