Friday, January 2, 2015

Missing Airplane: Children’s Story

image (1)

UK USA CDN AU

"The Missing Airplane", a children's book, is based on the still missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. It has been missing for 10 months. I have visited the region on several occasions and so I am somewhat familiar with the cultures and most importantly, the face.

My daughter was in Kuala Lumpur visiting her aunt when the Malaysian flight went missing and eventually made her way to Singapore, via train, to return to Los Angeles. I expected the flight to be found on some remote island with crew and passengers safe, and stopped short of ending the book in that manner with a different title.

However, as it dragged on and on, I changed while leaning on hope. I spent Christmas in Singapore last week and not once did I think about the missing Malaysian flight, as I was caught up in the rapture of the holiday spirit.

Last Sunday, like so many across the globe, I was shocked, frighten and numb upon learning that another flight, AirAsia Flight QZ8501 went missing. I have flown the airlines several times and have always found the crew to be cheerful and kind. I can only hold on to hope also for all.

 

The Missing Airplane

UK USA CDN AU

No comments:

Post a Comment