Monday, February 23, 2015

Mashups for Teens

princessgrace_cover

UK USA CDN AU

Fresh and Original Excerpt of Review by Amazon Customer

A mashup is defined as a mixture or fusion of disparate elements. The author explains that musical mashups are a current popular trend in which elements from various songs are combined to create a single new song. Likewise, literary mashups also take two or more elements from different sources and combine them to create an original story. Wilson offers Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer as a popular example of this…

The result of her efforts to make history exciting was a fresh and original approach to its exploration that is, all at once, educational, entertaining, and fun.

Book Description:

For me history got boring . . . fast. However, now, history fascinates me . . especially history learned through the lives of people who have made or are making a difference in the world. After reading this book or any of the books in this series, I hope you will agree.

This is the fourth book in the Mashup series. I wrote this one because I love princesses and these three princesses (Spoiler Alert! there is a third princess showcased in the book) are all women I admire. I share both the unique commonalities and differences between these three ladies. Just like you will find, I found surprises. My goal in writing these unique mashups has and will continue to be—to help you get inspired by their lives as I have.

Oh, the marvelous mashup. Enormously vogue in music and more recently, literature, the premise is simple. Take elemental bits and pieces of popular culture and remix them. The result is one part fresh, one part familiar.

Mashups for Teens: From Princess Grace to Princess Kate (Masters Mashups Series)

UK USA CDN AU

No comments:

Post a Comment