Monday, December 16, 2013

Catch me if you Dare

CatchmeifyouDare_6smash

Before I let you in on what this book is about, I want to share what I have learned about Tobin Michael.
  • He was hired to be a Deputy U.S. Marshal, in June of 1984 and was posted to his home town of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
  • During his 27 years, he hauled hundreds, if not thousands, of prisoners to penal institutions.
  • He seized everything from a race horse to million dollar farms and jets.
  • He protected Judges at every level, including Supreme Court Justices.
  • He also had to protect some of the most famous and notorious witnesses.

Book Description:
Notorious serial killer Max Baxter has escaped from federal prison and has struck again. Three young women have gone missing from malls across the Midwest and are feared dead. But Max wants to play. He challenges the best of the best, modern day United States Marshal Jake Mathews, to a game; hunt him down and kill him within forty eight hours or the girls die a horrible death. Marshal Mathews is plunged into a nightmare of treachery, violence and non-stop action until the unexpected happens. This is the second book in the Jake Mathews series.
"The idea for the main character came to me one day as I was walking into the local county jail to pick a prisoner up. The name, Jake Mathews, popped into my head and stayed there for twenty years, until I finally wrote it down on paper…"
Excerpt:
The guard stared at him in disbelief. “No way Doc, they stay on.”   He was new and wasn't going to lose this federal job and all the perks for a scumbag like Max Baxter.

“I'm telling you they have to come off. I can't exam him with them on. Besides he needs an MRI and there can't be any metal on him.”

The guard didn't appreciate the doctor's tone of voice, as though he was talking to a petulant child. His first instinct was to tell the doctor what he thought of him. However, being so new to the job he thought better of it and nodded his head to the side.

“Ask my boss.” The temperature in the room dropped ten degrees from the look the doctor gave the guard. “Fine!” The doctor pulled the door open so violently it banged against the wall, the outside guard jumped up from his chair reaching for his gun.

“I need the handcuffs off of this man immediately. I can't examine him with them on. He is very sick and time is of the essence.” The doctor stood tall, shoulders squared, fist clenched at his side.  (p. 5 - 6). Tobin Michael. Kindle Edition.

Follow Tobin Michael on Facebook

Catch me if you Dare is available on Amazon

Valley of DeceptionCheck out the first book in the series

No comments:

Post a Comment