I LOVED reading this book. It gave great definitions of minimalism and descriptions of how a more simple life could benefit those who embrace it. A brief history of minimalism included quotes about living more simply from people throughout the centuries. I couldn't stop writing them down! For instance, in 1876, Francis Jourdain said, "One can furnish a room very luxuriously by taking out furniture rather than putting it in." This book had a clear, conversational style and offered practical solutions to our modern day challenge of clutter. I felt inspired to do more with less and already have targeted a pile of books in the basement for a "Clutter Out Box." I recommend this book to everyone! ~ Review by Donna Sue Evans
Are you tired of stress collecting in your life? Are you frustrated with how the business of life can crowd out your time to pursue your passions? Do you have boxes of things stored away that you haven’t used in months, or even years? Are you tired of the clutter?
If you have found yourself wondering how to increase happiness in your life, or if you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, then Minimalism may be your answer. Join people all over the world who are finding joy and freedom in having “less.” Less clutter, less stress, and less distraction.
This book is about Minimalism (sometimes referred to as "Simple Living") – it gives an overview of the different aspects of the minimalist lifestyle and explains why many people are choosing to live this way during the modern consumerist age. It overviews benefits, refutes misconceptions, and clarifies what is meant by a "minimalist" lifestyle today. So go ahead...Learn how to find happiness in an unexpected direction: Minimalism!
Today’s society is chock-full of consumerism and the endless desire to have more “things.” However, a growing movement of people is discovering something that we may already know in our hearts: that true happiness in life doesn’t come from the clutter in our lives, and it doesn’t come from the next purchase. It comes from focusing our lives on what’s most important to us: and cutting the rest out.
With this book, you will discover:
- What Minimalist Living is and why so many people are embracing today.
- The truth about many of the misconceptions about modern minimalism.
- Minimalist spending habits and how to reduce emotional spending.
- Minimalist thoughts from historic philosophers.
- How to declutter your room, your home, and your life in general.
- A clear focus on the things that are truly important to you.
- The stress relief that comes from throwing the clutter out of your life.
- How to fit a minimalist lifestyle to your needs, even with a family.
- How being a minimalist can help YOU be happier, more focused, clearer-minded, more free, and more fulfilled!
- And much more!
So if you want or are considering change in your life, then Minimalism is something you need to be aware of. Read this book and discover how minimalism is helping thousands upon thousand of people find focus, clarity, happiness, and purpose in their lives...and how it may be able to help you!