Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Strange Hunting


Strange Hunting

Nailed it! ~ Review by Penny. “As I finished the first chapter of this book, I looked over at my husband and said, “This is freaking cool, you’ll want to read it when I’m done.” Little did I know that this book would grip me tight and I would finish reading it at about 4 am the next morning. I love supernatural tales, and this book does not disappoint. The writer has a real knack for storytelling, and the editor and formatter did a great job with it. I will be recommending it to my book club, and pretty much everyone else I know. Really, it’s like sci-fi buttah.”

From the Author – what Dave Robertson says about the story…

There is still magic in the world. There are still blank spots on the map, still places where people follow age old rituals and superstitions.

Berk Willis has been to these places. He has seen things that cannot be explained and found creatures that most people would never believe. In his travels he has been all over the world: from the dark forests of Finland and an ancient graveyard in Norway to the Jungles of South America and the remote reaches of Africa. He has met odd characters, seen mysterious rituals, and faced strange monsters.

The world is not always the safe, routine place we would like it to be. Fearsome beasts still roam primeval jungles. Dark creatures still lurk in distant shadows.

Join Berk Willis as he hunts for the strange, the mysterious, and the unexplained.

Excerpt (Kindle Locations 29-41) –

What the Main character has to say!


Intro
I never thought I’d write a book about my travels. I always kept a journal, but it was just for my own memories. Years after most of these strange hunts, a few people convinced me to put it all down in book form. You’ll notice that some place names have intentionally been left out. A lot of people don’t want their town to be associated with deadly creatures, for a lot of reasons. Otherwise, I’ve retold events as accurately as possible.

So, you’re wondering what’s in the book. Yes, there are diverse people, exotic places, and peculiar beasts . My strange hunts took me to some pretty amazing places: wild Scandinavian forests, African jungles, remote European villages, even the great Sahara desert. I have met tribesmen, soldiers, princes, and spies. I’ve feasted with gypsies and spent plenty of nights in graveyards. I hunted legendary predators, demons, even some zoological remnants left over from the days of dinosaurs. I wanted to explore, to see new places and to go places other people never did. I hunted these creatures because I felt I was good at it, a good use of skills I had. I also got to explore some of the blank spots on the world’s maps, and I found out that there is still magic in the world.

I got to see a side of the world that people rarely see, and I wouldn’t trade that for anything. This book will give you a glimpse of that world. I hope you find it interesting. - Berk Willis

*****

Strange Hunting is Available on Kindle!

No comments:

Post a Comment