Saturday, January 18, 2014

An inside look at a shallowman!

Recently, I had the opportunity to ask Simon Woolcot a few questions. I came up with the questions myself as I read his book. It's fabulous by the way. The reviews are spot on with this one.


Amsterdam Confessions of a Shallow Man


The Amsterdam Confessions of a Shallow Man is an adult comedy for a mature audience.


The Short and Sweet interview...


Seann - What is your favourite saying?

Simon ~ "My husband/boyfriend is out of town at the moment"

Seann -  Did writing about your life over the course of 30 days change you in such a way that, as readers, we may not know about it?

Simon ~ "I believe I was pretty wonderful before starting and the diary just confirmed it."

Seann - If I were a fly on the wall in your life today, what would I see?

Simon ~ "Today you'd have seen me being interviewed for a Dutch men's magazine, having lunch in a cafe sat next to a group of insanely loud Dutch women who shouted rather than talking."

Seann - Please share with us readers anything else you would like us to know about you and/or your book?

Simon ~ "The book is for adults only, it will make you laugh out loud at least once, but probably more times than that."
Amazing book to read!! The moment you start to read its almost impossible to stop. A story about an expat in Amsterdam and all of his adventures. It's written with a lot of humor and almost impossible not to laugh while reading. Simon Woolcot his blog was already amazing and now finally the book is there to make it even better. Can't wait until the next book!
~ Above review by A. Van Der Zalm - Amazing book!!

Well I can say that I am looking forward to reading the Dutch men's magazine article. Perhaps Simon will post a link to it on his blog.

Previous posting  about 'The Amsterdam Confessions of a Shallow Man'- Would you keep a diary to "see" who you really are?

PS:  Here is an example of how well written this book is. (Pg 19 of 178 in Kindle) Oops let me set it up first. Simon is talking about how a fellow he works with has barged in on his lunch date with his best friend Anna.

"He sounded like an old record with a scratch through the middle. Anna politely answered him in German; I then interceded and told him that we only had twenty minutes for lunch and that I had plans this evening, so didn't want to continue the discussion in German. He glowed as red as a beetroot and then switched to English. Just for a microsecond I caught a murderous flash in his eyes, but he then returned to his usual smarmy self. I've upset the serpent, better watch out."

The Amsterdam Confessions of a Shallowman is available on Amazon    USA  Canada  UK

No comments:

Post a Comment